Settings > Invoices
The Invoices section of the Settings app is where you establish one click approvals, create preset adjustments, create batch groups, configure batch groups, and enter voucher numbers.
To interact with invoice settings, users need the following permission:
- Settings (Invoice): Can view and edit settings. This permission lets you view and edit all of the Invoice settings.
Note: This is the only permission for invoice settings. You can assign permissions to users in the Users app.
Settings > Invoices > Approvals
This setting lets you approve invoices with one click. Select Approve and pay in one click to combine the acts of approving an invoice and approving payment. If you enable this setting, the Invoices app still asks you to confirm your approval before submitting.
Settings > Invoices > Adjustments
Use this setting to create preset adjustments that you can add to invoices at any time.
Creating an adjustment
- Click New.
- Enter a Description in the box.
- Select a Type from the list: Percent, Amount.
- Select the Always show checkbox if you want the adjustment to show up automatically when you create a new invoice. Note: You can still remove an adjustment from invoices with this option enabled.
- Enter a Default amount in the box.
- Select a Pro rate from the list: By line, By amount, By quantity, Not prorated.
- Select a Relation to total from the list: In addition to, Separate from.
- Select the Export to accounting checkbox if you want to send a copy of the adjustment to an external financial system.
- Click Save & close. The adjustment is saved.
Editing an adjustment
- Find the adjustment you want to edit and click it.
- Click Actions > Edit.
- Edit the adjustment.
- Click Save & close.
Deleting an adjustment
- Select the adjustment you want to delete.
- In the adjustment window, select Actions > Delete.
- In the Delete adjustment dialog, click Delete. A confirmation message appears and the adjustment is deleted.
Settings > Invoices > Batch groups
Use this setting to create, edit, and delete batch groups, which are used to organize invoices, especially for export as vouchers to an external payment system.
Creating a batch group
- Click New.
- Enter a Name in the box.
- Optional: Enter a Description in the box.
- Click Save. The Batch group is saved.
Editing a batch group
- Find the Batch group you want to edit and click the pencil icon.
- Edit the batch group.
- Click Save.
Deleting a batch group
- Find the Batch group you want to edit and click the delete icon.
- In the Delete Batch group dialogue box, click Delete. A confirmation message appears and the Batch group is deleted.
Settings > Invoices > Batch group configuration
Use this setting to configure batch groups for use in organizing invoices. This configuration enables you to export a file containing all vouchers created since the last export. For more information about how vouchers are created, see Invoices > Approving an invoice. All vouchers with the Export to accounting checkbox selected that were created since the last export for the batch group will be exported to a file. For more information about the Export to accounting checkbox, see Invoices > Creating an adjustment. Each invoice generates a single unique voucher on which all fund charges are grouped by the fund external account number.
Configuring a batch group
- Select a Batch group.
- Select a Schedule export. If you choose Daily, enter a time. If you choose Weekly, select the days and time you want the export to automatically run.
- Enter an Upload location. If this box is left blank, the export downloads the file to your computer.
- Select a Format: JSON or XML.
- Enter a Username if needed for the file upload location.
- Enter a Password if needed for the file upload location.
- Click Save.
Click Show credentials/Hide credentials to show or hide the password. If you want to test the connection with the upload location, click Test connection.
Running a manual export
Note: If you run a manual export, all vouchers created since the last export for the batch group will be exported and this process cannot be reversed.
- Click Run manual export.
- In the Run manual export dialog, click Continue. in the confirmation message.
Settings > Invoices > Voucher number
This section lets you create voucher numbers to use for invoices.
- Enter a Prefix.
- Enter a Starting number.
- Click Reset sequence if you need to reset the voucher number.
- Select the Allow voucher number to be edited checkbox if you want to allow editing for the voucher number.